Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Classics Book Club Recommendations

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the awesome ladies at The Broke and Bookish. This week's theme is about book club recommendations so I decided to do recommendations for look clubs who read classics. I've been reading quite a few classics lately due to the Classics Club 50 challenge (which I will post up on of these days lol).


1. An Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton: If you enjoy both The Great Gatsby and Victorian Romances, you should read this Gilded Age Romance.
2. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll: The book behind one of my favorite Disney movies, this classic is equally whimsical and full of wonderful nonsense.
3. Emma by Jane Austen: Call me crazy, but I think I may prefer this over Pride and Prejudice.
4. Animal Farm by George Orwell: Completely bizarre, this novel is an extended metaphor about Communism in Russia.
5. In Cold Blood by Truman Capote: This is a super eerie read, mostly because it's about a real life murder in the 1960's and it's aftermath. Also fun fact, Truman Capote was childhood friends with Harper Lee!
6. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett: One of my favorite childhood books growing up. I  wanted to be just like Sara Crewe and also own her sitting room lol.
7. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster: Another of one of my favorite childhood books,  I loved the play on words and whimsy.
8. The Metamorphosis by  Franz Kafka: This has quickly become one of my favorite classics over the past few years. A page turner, this book has a crazy beginning!
9. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte: I've mentioned before in my previous posts how Jane is one of my favorite heroines.
10. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey: I'll admit, this book makes me too sad to reread,  knowing the ending of the story. But it is worth reading atleast once, especially for those who are psychology majors, or who are planning to enter a healthcare career.

What are your favorite classics?? Also, please let me know if you want me to do a book review on any of these classics!



No comments:

Post a Comment