Search This Blog

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Where Have I Been: A Mini Trip Report

Hi readers, long time, no talk! But I have good reason of course. I had taken a longish vacation half way across the world. Well Karachi, Pakistan AKA the motherland to be specific. It was my first time there, ok fine my second time. (But I was a baby the first time I visited and have no memory of it, so really, this trip should count as my first time 😁  ). Pakistan was pretty great! It was fun at times and super crazy and hectic sometimes. Everyday would bring new adventures, experiences, and of course memories! Life there is so different compared life in America, but Pakistan has it's own charm. I thought I would share a few highlights with you.


Highlight # 1: Family and Friends

Easily, the biggest highlight of my trip was meeting my many relatives! Prior to coming to Karachi, I wondered if it would be super awkward meeting with my relatives in person for the first time. But everyone was so welcoming and friendly! I felt very comfortable and at home with them.

I also met with my best friend after 5 years!!! She lives in Karachi and it was so great to see her finally after so long, just catching up and hanging out at the mall like old times!

Highlight # 2: The Food

Ok,  the food is just on another level! You have your traditional food like karahi and biryani, and also something called chicken handi which is sooo good; your street food like bun kabob (eat at your own risk), and your on trend food like bbq, rolled ice cream, and cold coffee. Not only is it yummy,  every food is totally snapchat/ instagram worthy!

* And if you ever end up visiting Agha Khan for whatever reason, you should try their chicken puff pastries (don't judge me)*
BBQ Tonight

Bombai Koila Karhai

Have More Ice Cream

Highlight # 3: The Sights

Apart from the local life, there's definitely some sightseeing that you can do! There's historical sites such as Mohatta Palace and Mazar-e-Quaid. I highly recommend a trip to Quaid-e-Azam's (the founder of Pakistan) residence,  Mohatta Palace, as it gives a lot of information about Pakistan's culture and history. And the Mazar is the national mausoleum for Quaid-e-Azam.
Mohatta Palace

Mazer-E-Quaid


There's also other sights such as Teen Talwar and Bahadurabad Chowrangi. And if you love fashion as much as me, you will love the Dolmen Mall in Clifton!
Bahadurabad Chowrangi

Dolmen Mall

Dolmen Mall


And there were so many other highlights about Karachi. Listening to the Azaan live from anywhere 5 times a day, riding on rickshaws, and going through the many markets (although that's one thing that I don't miss too much lol). I had an amazing time and would to visit again!

1 comment:

  1. waoo well written post about "Where Have I Been: A Mini Trip Report"

    Thanks,

    Mcx Tips Free Trial On Mobile

    ReplyDelete