Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books to Get You in the Mood for Fall

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the awesome ladies at The Broke and Bookish. This week's theme is a Halloween/ Fall Freebie so I thought I'd talk of books that remind me of Fall, since I don't really read Horror. (Whatever Catches My Fancy doesn't hold any responsibility if you get spooked from any of these reads lol)


1. A Tree Grows In Brooklyn by Betty Smith: If there's one book that reminds me of Fall, it's A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. It's cover even looks like autumn!
2. The Lottery by Shirley Jackson: This short story has a very eerie feel to it! I won't say more, in case I ruin the plot! But it's worth a read!
3. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card: For some reason, science fiction (for me anyways) feels like it should take place in Fall. Plus, Ender is in battle school and school also reminds me of Fall.
4. The Tales of Beedle and the Bard by J.K. Rowling: If you're looking for a quick dose of Harry Potter, this is a delightful read. And Dumbledore has annotations for each story!
5. In Cold Blood by Truman Capote: This is a super eerie read, mostly because it's about a real life murder in the 1960's and it's aftermath.
6. The Metamorphisis by Franz Kafka: A classic, The Metamorphosis has such a bizarre beginning that you're hooked from the start.
7. The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancy: I haven't had a chance to read the rest of the books in this triology but I love this science fiction.
8. The Austere Academy by Lemony Snicket: Out of all of the Series of Unfortunate Events books, I think this one could be best suited for Fall. The Baudelaires have been enrolled in a boarding school, and as you can tell from the title, all is not well.
9. Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne: Another classic, you can read this book as whole, or one story at a time.
10. Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren: Growing up, I loved Pippi Longstocking! Who else wanted to live in her house?!

What are your book recommendations for Fall??

No comments:

Post a Comment